As parents, it's crucial to have open conversations with our children about their future, especially when it comes to financial independence.
In this episode, Peter Raskin delves into the essential conversations parents should have with their children regarding their future. He explores legal considerations like access to important records to financial aspects such as health insurance coverage and budget adjustments and provides practical insights and steps to navigate this important phase of parenthood.
- The significance of open communication with your child regarding their financial future and the different definitions of independence among families
- The importance of discussing financial expectations and preparing children for post-high school or college life
- Key considerations such as access to important records, state residency requirements, health insurance coverage, health savings accounts (HSAs), and financial planning after your child leaves the house
- The top questions you should have the answers to about your child's financial future
- And more
- Episode 14 – Health Savings Accounts Are the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
- Episode 30 – 4 Options for Funding Your Child’s Education
Connect with Peter:
- Raskin Planning Group
- LinkedIn: Peter Raskin
- Facebook: Raskin Planning Group
- Twitter: Raskin Planning Group
- LinkedIn: Raskin Planning Group
Schedule Time with Peter:
Disclosure: This is not intended to be a substitute for professional investment advice. Always seek the advice of your financial adviser or other qualified financial service providers with any questions you may have regarding your investment planning.
Peter Raskin is a registered representative of Lincoln Financial Advisors.
Securities offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker/dealer. Member SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Sagemark Consulting, a division of Lincoln Financial Advisors, a registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. Raskin Planning Group is not an affiliate of Lincoln Financial Advisors.
Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. and its representatives do not provide legal or tax advice. You may want to consult a legal or tax advisor regarding any legal or tax information as it relates to your personal circumstances.