How has Boston's transformation from a hub of blue-collar workers to a hotspot for white-collar specialists impacted its people, identity, and economic dynamics?
In this episode, Peter Raskin chats with Larry DiCara, a seasoned real estate lawyer and former Boston city councilor, about the profound shifts Boston has experienced over the years.
During their discussion, Larry shares:
- Boston's journey from a post-war blue-collar city to its present-day white-collar dominance
- The noticeable demographic shifts, including reductions in household sizes and school-aged children
- The change in primary employers from traditional big banks and insurance firms to universities and hospitals
- The evolving identity of neighborhoods, illustrated by the decline of iconic institutions such as Catholic churches and schools
- Challenges facing the city's infrastructure, from an aging subway system to a notable lack of functional swimming pools
- And more!
Connect with Larry DiCara:
Connect with Peter:
- Raskin Planning Group
- (617) 728-7433
- LinkedIn: Peter Raskin
- Facebook: Raskin Planning Group
- Twitter: Raskin Planning Group
- LinkedIn: Raskin Planning Group
Schedule Time with Peter:
About Larry DiCara:
Larry DiCara is among Boston’s most recognized civic leaders in addition to serving as a consultant, lobbyist, and trained mediator. A frequent speaker at colleges, universities and other venues, as well as a regular go-to source in Boston media, Larry has taught at Harvard, Boston University and the University of Massachusetts. Larry has practiced real estate and administrative law and has been intimately involved with the development process in and around Boston for more than 40 years.
Disclosure: This is not intended to be a substitute for professional investment advice. Always seek the advice of your financial adviser or other qualified financial service providers with any questions you may have regarding your investment planning.
Peter Raskin is a registered representative of Lincoln Financial Advisors.
Securities offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker/dealer. Member SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Sagemark Consulting, a division of Lincoln Financial Advisors, a registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. Raskin Planning Group is not an affiliate of Lincoln Financial Advisors.
Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. and its representatives do not provide legal or tax advice. You may want to consult a legal or tax advisor regarding any legal or tax information as it relates to your personal circumstances.