Today, we’re celebrating our veterans who fought for our rights and freedoms with an episode dedicated to educating veterans and non-veterans about the services and resources available to support them.
In this episode, Peter Raskin speaks with Cathy Battles and Alyssa Hayes* of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. They discuss services that are vital and necessary for those that have given just so much for our country, and share resources to assist veterans in getting the help they need.
Cathy and Alyssa discuss:
- When and how a veteran can file a claim for compensation for an injury or illness incurred during active duty military service
- The process of filing a disability claim
- What the recent Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act legislation offers veterans
- How the VA helps veterans with education, training, employment and housing benefits after they’re approved for a service connected disability
- How they adapted their outreach to meet the needs of veterans during the pandemic
- How small businesses owners can help support our veterans and provide employment opportunities
Connect With Cathy Battles:
Connect With Alyssa Hayes:
Connect With Peter:
- Raskin Planning Group
- LinkedIn: Peter Raskin
- Facebook: Raskin Planning Group
- Twitter: Raskin Planning Group
- LinkedIn: Raskin Planning Group
Schedule Time With Peter:
Disclosure: This is not intended to be a substitute for professional investment advice. Always seek the advice of your financial adviser or other qualified financial service providers with any questions you may have regarding your investment planning.
Peter Raskin is a registered representative of Lincoln Financial Advisors.
Securities offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker/dealer. Member SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Sagemark Consulting, a division of Lincoln Financial Advisors, a registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. Raskin Planning Group is a marketing name for registered representatives of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp.
Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. and its representatives do not provide legal or tax advice. You may want to consult a legal or tax advisor regarding any legal or tax information as it relates to your personal circumstances.
*Not affiliated with Lincoln Financial Advisors.