Peter Raskin, CLU®, CHFC®, MSFS, CRPC®
Thanks for taking the time to visit our website. Instead of the typical bio, I wanted to share a personal note.
I’ve been helping families and business owners with financial planning since 1984. It’s been a wonderful career and a profession I love. Raskin Planning Group is a fee-based firm which means we choose to provide advice for a fee, not a commission. We do help clients implement certain financial strategies, like insurance products, that pay us a commission. This is fully disclosed in advance and it is not required that clients implement these products with us.
As a fellow business-owner, I really enjoy working with business owners and their families. They often have complex and challenging financial circumstances that utilize my expertise and experience. Please review my credentials below. I also find many business owners are active in the communities they serve and live in. We have a similar work ethic and values. A successful business-owner truly appreciates their clients and customers, employees, business partners and families.
When helping people plan for their tomorrow’s, I’m not satisfied asking only the simple questions, and I don’t settle for easy answers. Wealth is a journey and it takes dedication, intelligence and discipline to get to your destination. Planning is the process that helps you visualize, plan, manage and track your progress. Enjoying your journey and then passing on memories, values and wealth to heirs is the ultimate success story.
Together, there’s much we can accomplish.
- Graduated from Middlebury College with a Bachelor of Arts in History.
- Earned Master of Science in Financial Services from The American College.
- Earned Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) & Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) professional designations from The American College.
- Earned the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®) professional designation from the College for Financial Planning.
- Past president of the Boston Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
- Director of the Acorn Foundation, an industry supported charitable organization.
- Director of the Boston Estate Planning Council.
- Past president and treasurer of the Unitarian Church of Sharon.
- Treasurer of the Wayland High School Scholarship Fund.
- Assistant scoutmaster for Troop 95 in Sharon, Massachusetts.
- Active volunteer for Volunteers of America - Massachusetts, a national organization serving those in need.
- Currently serves on the VOA - Massachusetts’ Board of Directors.